Thursday, December 31, 2015

When Do Thoughts Matter?


When I was growing up we used to have a saying, “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.”  That saying is so untrue!  Unkind words have undermined or destroyed many relationships and have broken many hearts.


I learned early on in life, and I know you did too, that unkind deeds (physical harming, handling, hurting, etc.) can cause wounding an unfavorable damage to others and to ourselves.  Also, we have learned not to utter unkind words due to the backlash and because it feels so awful.  Often overlooked are the assassinating thoughts that we send out to ourselves and to others.

On an energetic level there is no difference between a thought sent out, a word spoken, or a deed done; although there are degrees in intensity. It all translates to frequency. 

Don’t worry!  Thank God for forgiveness and grace.  We can neutralize much of the damage by sending out some high power, high frequency messages to those whom we have harmed or hurt. [Warning: This practice is not to be substituted as a pass to continue bad behavior; or as a substitute for physically or verbally correcting a wrong when we have the opportunity to do so.] 

Start with self:   Say out loud or think out loud 10 times or more, “I Love you, I am so grateful to know you!”

If we did not believe that the thoughts that we send out matter, we would not pray (or chant).  When you slip up, give yourself a break but be steadfast. Change takes time. 

Do not be surprised if you get an unexpected or pleasant phone call from the one you with whom you have been communicating…

Happy New Year!!!



No comments :

Post a Comment